Now that I've graduated and started to re-pay the sharks (Don Federal Loan) and raise a family I know that something more needs to happen in this old wallet of mine so I put myself on my own version of the Debt Diet. So far here's what I got:
- We moved into family owned property so our rent isn't as high as it could be
- No manicures, pedicures, facials, or hair salons
- No dining out more than twice per pay period (it hurts but saves us $$$)
- No Starbucks! or unnecessary "treats" for Chunks :-(
- No cover charges, no itunes, Amazon, or Craigslist
- While living around family causes them to be a little more in our business than we would like, I've been putting away what we used to pay in rent in Philly and building our cushion.
- I've learned to maintain my hair myself, sometimes a little hard to do energy-wise, but choosing the right product and a careful eye makes it ok.
- By not dining out as much as we want, I've gotten back into the kitchen and feel better about what Chunks gets on a regular basis.
- Going out has been limited and my social scene has dimmed quite a bit but its ok, the clubs will be there when we make bank!
What budget tips do you use to save up?